Python bindings for SFML¶
pip install pySFML
These bindings officially support Python 2.7 and the latest version of Python 3.x but we encourage you to use the latter one. Incidentally, the documentation, tutorials and examples are written in the latest version of Python.
Since recently, repositories were moved to an organisation. Check this page to understand what it’s all about.
For further information, visit the following sections.
- Getting started Everything you have to know to get yourself started with these bindings.
- Download Instructions on how and where to install these bindings for various platforms.
- Tutorials Tutorials focusing on the various core principles to understanding how SFML works.
- Documentation Complete library reference organized by each of the binding’s five core modules.
- Distributing Comprehensive guide on how to distribute your application for each platform.
- Python C API Embed or extend these bindings with its C/Cython API.
- Extensions Discover other awesome SFML-based libraries ported to Python such as Thor, SFGUI or sfeMovie.
These bindings were created in large part by Jonathan De Wachter, with significant contributions from Edwin Marshall. Thanks a lot to James Cowgill who occasionally fixes broken builds and maintains Debian packages. Other contributors include Jorge Araya Navarro and Richard Sims.